Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Road Taken

This piece of writing is for my next writing class. We had to write about a decision made.


My Road Taken

My road taken was a phone call I made to the man I loved. We had met only a month before and it was special. He was special. But he was scared. For a week I lived in a dark hole filled with pain, heartache and confusion. Somehow though, this feeling that it was all going to work out crept it’s way through and took a hold of me.

The night before I made that call I was at a birthday party with my family. It surprisingly turned out to be an amazing, life changing night and I wanted nothing more than to share the details of that night with Darcy. So the next morning I ran to the phone box and without hesitation called him. He wanted to see me as much as I wanted to see him. He invited me to his house that day. It was literally the first day of the rest of my life.

I would not go back and change one single thing about the past year and half. Everything that has happened between us has made us who we are together and I would not have it any other way. He says he would have called me had I not called him and I guess I believe him, I don’t think there has ever been any other option for us. Some people are just meant to be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment