Sunday, February 28, 2010

Maria Louisa Tobacco

BRAINSTORM

Louisa –

Family, heart, cousin, beautiful, loved, sick, surgeries, Christmas, Italian, Rye, 21st birthday, death, sadness, funeral, Flintstone’s, smile, laughter, Greenvale, Mercy, TUFF XL, family dinner.

What I remember.

It’s been 14 years since her death. I find it hard to remember much about her life, but her death is still very fresh in my mind.

The last time I saw Louisa was roughly 2 weeks before she died. She came to my house with a friend to see my mum. My mum wasn’t home so Louisa didn’t stay very long. I remember walking with her up our driveway and her telling me to get my mum to call her. I remember that she was smiling and happy, but I remember her happy and smiling always, so I’m glad that my last memory of her is this way.

Louisa was born Maria Louisa Tobacco, she was known to her parents and brother as Marie or Maria but to the rest of the world she was known as Louisa or Louise. As a little girl, I didn’t know that Louisa was sick but I knew she was special. She had glowing a presence. When she smiled, you smiled. She loved everyone around her and everyone loved her. This was evident all her life and even after. The High School she went to set up a Scholarship in her name and it seemed that every person she had ever met in her life, including her schoolteachers, came to her funeral.

TBC

0 comments:

Post a Comment