Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Artist's Way

I've started reading The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron and 2 days ago began my Morning Pages. Every morning as I wake, I keep a journal next to my bed and I write 3 pages. It's called Free Writing. I tell myself (and write) "Don't think, just write" and so I do.. I just write whatever comes to me.

I'm excited about this form of writing. I think it's something I need to apply to my writing more often. I find that I think too much and try to make my sentences sound "smarter" and I lose my "voice".

I can't wait to share what I've been writing in my Morning Pages. I think it might be great.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i used to that that constantly. in fact, still somewhat do. then every once in a while collate all those little notes into similar groups and from this: material is born. most of my work has come about this way.
x Thom

Tina Athanas said...

this lady i know told me about this form of writing. it sounded bizarre at first, a bit confronting. but i tried it, and although i only did it once, it was liberating. trying not to think and only to feel and let the pen write for itself is quite a hard task. i hope to master it one day, hopefully in the near future.

x

Post a Comment